Artificial Intelligence in Pharma
Keywords:Artificial Intelligence, Drug discovery, Personalized medicine
This paper aims to provide a better understanding of the possible applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the field of Pharmacy. Artificial intelligence basically involves complex information processing. It enables machines to carry out certain functions which were originally done by human and which required human intellect. Over the past few years, the use of artificial intelligence in the pharma has grown unimaginably and is now able to revolutionize the way drugs are discovered and handled. AI is capable of impacting the field of pharmacy at multiple levels. Pharmacy and medical education, drug development, personalization of drug therapy, drug safety, rational drug use, manufacture and formulation of dosage forms are areas of impact by AI. The fact that AI can displace humans at their own tasks is a matter of concern. Although there are ethical concerns regarding the implementation of AI in healthcare, it can be assured that no machine or system can replace many of the humanitarian duties.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Keziah Ann Babu, Shirlin MS, Manjula Devi AS
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and will retain publishing rights without restrictions.
The submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the journal. The main (first/corresponding) author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
What are my rights as an author?
It is important to check the policy for the journal to which you are submitting or publishing to establish your rights as
Author. Journal's standard policies allow the following re-use rights:
- The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions.
- The journal allows the author(s) to obtain publishing rights without restrictions.
- You may do whatever you wish with the version of the article you submitted to the journal.
- Once the article has been accepted for publication, you may post the accepted version of the article on your own personal website, your department's website or the repository of your institution without any restrictions.
- You may not post the accepted version of the article in any repository other than those listed above (i.e. you may not deposit in the repository of another institution or a subject-matter repository) until 12 months after publication of the article in the journal.
- You may use the published article for your own teaching needs or to supply on an individual basis to research colleagues, provided that such supply is not for commercial purposes.